Hey, Cross Community!
I hope you all are having an incredible week. This Sunday, we’re celebrating our first Easter together. Here are 5 important pieces about the weekend ahead:
1. This is going to be our best Sunday yet. The message I am sharing on Sunday from Luke 15 has (literally) been 15 years in the making. From the moment we decided to plant Cross Community, I knew this would be our first Easter message. It is going to be a deeply personal and emotional message for me, but more importantly, I believe it will be a very clear picture of who Jesus is, what the Gospel is, and how the Father stands ready to forgive anyone and everyone for anything and everything they’ve done. It is a message of life, hope, and redemption. I truly believe it’s going to be one of our best days ever and a catalyst moment in the life of our church that we’ll talk about for years to come.
2. That being said… INVITE SOMEONE! For the past two weeks, we’ve challenged you to pray for and reach out to three people. If you haven’t already, go and make the ASK. We’re adding a second service for this week and we would love to see the auditorium and Crosskids area fill up twice.
3. We have two services at 9:00 and 10:45, with full Crosskids (birth-5th grade) at both services. We have been regularly maxing out our kids space with one weekly service, but even with the extra service, our kids space will be limited due to the high number of guests we anticipate on Easter. As you’ve seen over the past few weeks, it’s started to get pretty tight in the auditorium as well. Please allow yourself plenty of time to arrive, get your kids checked in, and to find a seat
*Please note that the service times this week are for Easter Sunday ONLY.
We will resume our regular 10:00 service on Sunday, April 23rd.
4. Our Crosskids will be doing lots of exciting activities during both services to help them understand the story and significance of Easter on their level, they will be making resurrection eggs, and all of our kids will get doughnuts as well! Our Crosskids environment is safe, clean, and exciting, but most importantly it is led by a group of loving volunteers who truly desire for kids to see and understand who Jesus is.
5. On a personal note, I wanted to say thank you for the outpouring of love and support this week as our family welcomed our newest addition, Lincoln Asher Burgess on Monday afternoon. He was born at 3:24 PM Monday afternoon at 7 lbs, 9 oz and 20 inches long. Mama and baby have both been doing great this week, and both of his big brothers could not be more excited! Additionally, thank you to all of our staff and volunteer ministry team leaders who have taken the reins this week to ensure that we have a strong first Easter weekend!
I love you all and hope you will join me in prayer and anticipation for a powerful move of the Holy Spirit on Sunday morning as we gather to worship our Resurrected King and celebrate our first Easter as a Church. See you Sunday!
For His Name,